My Lovely Followers

Saturday 13 July 2013

New Camera Shots



I've been having a play with my new camera today (it's a bit too hot for me to sit outside, I'll sit out there with a long cold drink once the sun is less fierce, there's no shade in my garden), and thought I'd post a few shots.  Just getting used to it and I don't have a light box or anything set up (another thing on my 'to do' list, which is getting longer by the minute lol), but I don't think they came out too badly.

These are just a few simple cards I made a while back



 This was my first attempt at a pocket or criss cross card, simple but pretty, I'd probably do it different on my next attempt but I still think it looks sweet. 





The papers are J'Adore by First Edition.  I made the little flowers with a couple of daisy punches from Hobbycraft, I can't remember what make they are.
The image which is sooo sweet and one of my favourites is one of Krista Smith's digis from Saturated Canary called Nevaeh, isn't she lovely?  I coloured her with Promarkers and didn't have a Copic to my name at the time. The card is simply accented with glamour dust and a few self adhesive pearls.




Another simple card, papers are Rose Garden from First Edition and I just went with a simple red and cream to match. 
I must admit I'm not very happy with my colouring efforts here lol.  I have changed my cardstock since then, (and over time have been changing my markers) I think the new one works much better with markers.  The image is a digi by Syvia Zet from Wee Stamps called Sweet Blossom, coloured with promarkers.  She's accented with pearls and liquid pearls.  The little sleeping bear is just too cute.
The inside is stamped with a butterfly stamp I bought when I first started making cards last year, I don't have a clue who made it, I stamped with Distress Ink in Antique Linen and used that on the edges of the card and die. 
The die is a Tim Holtz On the Edge die by Sizzix called Butterflight.

I have another couple of older cards I photographed which I'll share with you in another post.

If you visit, please do leave me a comment and I'll drop by and visit your blog in return, and if you're in the UK, enjoy the weather, who knows how long it will last!!

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx