My Lovely Followers

Thursday 11 July 2013

New Markers!

Tonight I came home to 2 parcels waiting for me, seems both sets of goodies I'd ordered arrived at the same time.  I was like a kid in a sweet shop opening some pretty new papers, a new die, 2 Magnolia stamps (I've already coloured one up lol, couldn't resist!) and 23 new Copic markers!! :D

I was sooo excited (read big kid haha).  Had to try them out right away and it's so lovely to be able to colour with them and not have to mix them with my old Promarkers.  Don't get me wrong the Promarkers are very nice in their own way and I've seen some fab colouring in by people who can use them well, I just don't think I'm one of them.  For me they're fine for flat colouring or simple shading, but for serious shading the Copics win hands down, you can't beat that brush nib, plus they just feel really nice to hold and use.  

I compromised and bought the Ciao markers in the main only taking Sketch ones where the colour wasn't available in the Ciao.  I do by far prefer the feel of the Sketch and the way they don't roll etc, but when buying a loot of markers price has to be a factor, so I'll be topping up my collection with a mixture of Ciao and Sketch and then replace the individual Ciaos with Sketch markers when they run out.  This way I get more colours to use.

Right then, I'm off for more playing with my new toys.....err stuff.  I have several cards to make for people that I've been asked for.  A Bon Voyage card for someone taking a year out t travel, a new baby card and a card for someone at work who's leaving for pastures new, so I'm going to be a busy bee for the next couple of weeks but I'll post some more cards at the weekend when I have more time.  Friday tomorrow...woohoo!

Take care xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx