My Lovely Followers

Friday 13 September 2013

Crazy Catz DT Card: Challenge #198 Men's/Boys

Good morning crafty folks and anyone else who's reading this, it's Friiiiiiiday!! ....or at least it will be when this post goes live and I am just in the best of moods.   I've been having a super time with my crafting lately, lots of Top 3/Top 5 places, 2 invitations to GDT and.....drumroll....I made my first 2 sales on Etsy....I'm over the moon and then some :D :D

But enough about me and on to this week's challenge at Crafty Catz.

This week it's Kim's turn to choose and she chose Men's/Boys.  I must admit this one had me quaking in my boots lol, it's not often that I make masculine cards as I find them quite hard to do inspiration wise....so I was totally out of my comfort zone here lol.

I thought I'd go for something a little different to my normal coloured focal image, so this one didn't use a single Copic, shock horror!!

This is what I came up with...and the pictures are not great tbh, I'm really fighting with the lack of light lately so I think it's a trip to buy myself a photography lamp this weekend.


I had a printed  image and sentiment from Pink Petticoat that I wanted to use, but instead of printing the whole thing and using it that way, I printed the moustache, cut it out and then coated it in Glossy Accents to make it nice and shiny and 3dimensional and then once dry I used foam pads to mount it on a diecut made with a Spellbinders labels die.  I typed out the sentiment again using a different font and printed it off and cut it and curled it around the end of a paint brush, lightly distressed it and edged with Black Soot DI and then covered it in more Glossy Accents so that it would dry in the shape and end up hard and shiny.

The papers are from Glitz and Maja, I used a Die from Cherry Lyn to cut all the gears, some were embossed with silver embossing powder and the ones cut from green corrugated card were rubbed with a little distress ink. I distressed and stitched all the papers with green top stitching thread and added embellishments in the form of eyelets and small Tim Holtz brads that look like screws which I thought looked really cool.


A bit of a side on view showing the 3D elements.

I didn't decorate the inside this time as I wanted to keep things fairly simple and not too bulky.  I do really like the way it turned out but I have to say it does look much better in real life, but that's probably due to the photography and the lack of good lighting.  Anyway, I had a lot of fun making it and it's nice to do something different and get out of your comfort zone once in a while (but the card/s at the weekend will be totally girly lol!).

Do pop over to Crafty Catz and check out the rest of the DT's fab designs and join in the fun, we have a great prizes from our fab sponsors


and 


so come on over and give it a try! :) xx



6 comments:

  1. Love your card Linda, another fab creation....good news about your sales, well done...
    Have a fab week-end.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Linda I love this! The glossy 'tashe is perfect. Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous male card Linda, love the steampunk style and all the details!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cool and stylish card, love all these details you put here. 100% male card.
    Have a great weekend!
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous male card. It's absolutely stunning. Hope you are having a fabulous weekend. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card hun! makes me smile. Hope you're having a good weekend. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx