My Lovely Followers

Saturday 25 January 2014

Something New for Saturday


Afternoon all!  Big crafty hugs for everyone! Can you tell I'm glad it's the weekend? ;)

A big hi and welcome to my newest followers, thank you so much for joining me and a big thank you also to my older followers for sticking with me through all my random rambling lol.

Anyhoooo.....onto the reason that I'm here today.  Those of you who know me will know that for some time Ive been toying with the idea of Distress Ink colouring, it's something that I really admire.  Though I would NEVER abandon my Copics, I do think that for the very pale colours and when you're trying for a soft & delicate or vintage effect, colouring with  Distress Ink gives a lovely effect. I keep saying I'll try it in the future, when I have time...well I'm not sure that I really have time lol, but the future has arrived on my doorstep by way of a pad of Langton Extra Smooth, Hot Pressed Watercolour paper.

Very nervous about sharing this as this is my very first attempt at this, but I thought it might be interesting for you to see how it develops...there's no card yet, though I will put her on one later.


This is a very basic first attempt (I watched quite a few tutorials over the past few weeks) and I do not have any markers, this was done just with Ink Pads of which I have a limited range. I chose an image that I thought would be fairly easy to colour this way.

  One thing I do need it a decent paintbrush or 2 so I will be heading out tomorrow to buy those.  I did overdo her face a little, she looks like she's had quite the holiday lol, so I will be a bit lighter handed there next time (the face was the first part of her that I attempted).

I think this paper would be way too thick to go through my printer to print digis on, does anyone know if it comes in a lighter weight?

I will have to investigate by asking my DI expert friends, what will be the best colours for me to invest in, and buy some extra pads to boost my selection, but I will definitely be trying my hand at this again. Do let me know what you think.

For those interested these are the videos I watched 

Thanks for joining me and enjoy the rest of your Saturday, I'll be back tomorrow with my Totally Tilda mid-way reminder.  : ) x x 

4 comments:

  1. oooooh hunny its just absolutely gorgeous, i wouldnt of known it was your first time, so gorgeous
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Hun, I think she looks awesome, The colour on the face is great not too dark at all, she looks great. Looking forward to seeing the card you make with her xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have done a marvellous job and no-one would know that it was your first time using Distress inks. The colours are very muted and subtle and will go very well with those gorgeous Pion or Maja Design papers that you use, can't wait to see the final card.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word Linda you would never know this was your first attempt, you have done a fab job of the colouring and I don't think the face is too dark. I keep toying with the idea of having a go with distress inks, but I have spent so much money on Copics I think it will have to be put on the back burner for now.
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx