My Lovely Followers

Thursday 22 January 2015

Eva - Vintage Style at Dies to Die for

Woohoo it's nearly the weekend!  I've been super busy this week working on some secret projects that I can't tell you about just yet, but I will say it's terribly exciting! I'd like to say a big hello to all of my new followers, it's so lovely to have you join me on my creative journey :)

I must admit to being just a little bit in love with today's card for Dies to Die for, the mojo was just racing along with this one, I had so much fun making it.

The beautiful girl is Eva, a Saturated Canary image from Little Darlings Rubber Stamps.
Isn't she gorgeous?  I've coloured her with my distress ink markers....I know, I know, I will colour again with my Copics, but to be honest I'm just having so much fun seeing what I can do with the DI markers right now. I went for a slightly darker skin tone this time as I wanted her to look a little exotic.


Colours used:

Skin: Tattered Rose, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Fired Brick
Hair: Antique Linen, Walnut Stain, Broken Twigs
Outfit: Milled Lavender, Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, Pumice Stone


I used some lovely Bildlamarna papers and the pretty doily die is from Cheery Lynn.
All papers have been edged with Pumice Stone DI and hand stitched with Top Stitch thread.


I added lots of lovely embellies, finished off with some daubs of Gesso, 



and decorated the inside simply to complement the front.



Embellies from the Ribbon Girl

Well that's all from me today, if you're in the UK I hope you're doing ok in the snow, and I'll see you back here on Monday.

Take care! :) xx

19 comments:

  1. I don't know where to start Linda. The image, the colouring, the design, the embellishments - all stunning. The fabulous bow is the perfect finishing touch.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Sharon! Everything about it is absolutely stunning!
      xx
      Sara
      www.PolkaDotRosie.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. Oh, swoonage, Linda - this is just stunning! love everything about it - your fab colouring, beautiful papers and colour tones and gorgeous embellishments and details! Fabulous! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous!! What a beautiful image and how many lovely details! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Linda, such a pretty image, perfect colouring and totally gorgeous detailing.
    I your top secret projects are going okay!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your colouring is AMAZING love the darker skin tone and the amount of detail you have on her is AMAZING. Amazing Card with Stunning Embellies as always have a top Week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! The image is very sultry and you have captured this in the colours used for your embellishments, papers and flowers. It is just so gorgeous.
    P.S. Congratulations! GDT at Saturated Canary - well done.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Beautiful! It must be such a delight to see your cards in person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card dear! I love your colouring with distresses.
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs, t.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning, just stunning hun, I adore your work and the deep colours on this are just gorgeous x
    hugs
    Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so gorgeous. Love all those layers and your colouring is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning,
    Your card's beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well.. To day "stunning" will be so not enough! I like the burgundy color and a stunning image colored by you, with all the rest of the bits and bites on your card. Beautiful design again!

    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh this is amazing! Your luxurious colours and embellishments are so perfect with this gorgeous lady.
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is such an elegant card! Love everything about it from your colouring, colour combo and beautiful design and embellishments!
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - amazing coloring & design, Linda! Love it...

    ReplyDelete
  16. *staring at the screen speechless and with mouth wide open* Wow, that's all I'm going to say, WOW! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous creation Linda! Very, very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx