My Lovely Followers

Saturday 31 December 2016

My Favourite Cards of 2016

Hello everyone!

Before I continue with my post today I would just like to say a huge thank you to all of my followers and visitors who have joined or stayed with me on my crafting journey this year. I do really appreciate so much all of your visits here or on my Facebook page, all of your likes and comments etc. You are the reason I carry on and that I'm here, without you there would be no point in me sharing my creations, so thank you each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart.

As you know this year had had it's ups and downs, one of the biggest ups being my trip to teach at Whimsy's first ever Annual Craft Retreat in Orlando, followed almost immediately by my biggest ever down of my Dad passing away. So my crafting and blogging has been a little erratic sometimes this year and I apologise for that.  I am hoping that 2017 will be a better year for me. 

I'm trying to organise my home and my time a little better to make things a little easier for me and I've discovered the joy of trying different techniques, so I hope to continue to share that with you in 2017. Also I'd like to restart my 'A Year in Crafting' series, (although I will probably rename it something different), as I started that late this year and then never got to finish it due to everything that happened at the end of the year.

I'd like to do more YouTube videos for you all as well, but as I don't have a craft room or anywhere to set up a permanent filming set up, I don't know how often I will manage those, but I would like to continue my watercolour tutorials, and share some technique tutorials with you, not to mention I have a couple of mini albums made that I still haven't shared. One of them is actually filmed, but finding the time to edit and upload just seemed impossible so I will have to get around to that in the new year.

So anyway, enough waffle and onto the post. Picking my favourite cards from all of them that I made in 2016 was not an easy task, my work seems to fall into 3 categories for cards, my usual softly shabby, fully loaded style with a hand coloured image, shabby chic/vintage with no coloured image and CAS (recently often using some kind of technique). So I tried to choose a variety from these 3 where possible.

I hope you like my picks even if you don't agree with which ones are your favourites.



















It just remains for me to wish you a very happy New Year, whether that's already arrived or has a few hours to go. I hope it's a good one for you!










6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!!
    Wonderful compilation, I love all hese cards and also a lot of you haven't picked! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy following your blog. You are ubber talented. Here's to a successful 2017! I look foward to seeing what you have for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all your cards are stunning!
    I love your work!
    you are an amazing crafter and I admire you!
    Happy New Year!
    I would like to see your youtbe videos.
    hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ
    ≽ܫ≼

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Linda! Your cards are totally stunning!! I can't even pick a favourite, as they are all so good.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful choices, Linda! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I bet that was hard narrowing them down. But my absolute favorite from you is the fairy shaker. I do like a shaker and found a new one yesturday so will have to get some time to perfect it. Looking forward to your 2017 Card collection.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx