My Lovely Followers

Monday 12 December 2016

Square Snowflake Trio

Hello!

Whizzing in with a super quick share today.

Lately I've been making lots of quick and simple cards for Christmas and these super quick and easy cards were made with cardstock and design paper with the focal point being a chipboard snowflake, though you could achieve a similar effect by layering a die cut.
These are all made on a simple 4 x 4 card base.


For card 1 I heat embossed the snowflake with gold embossing powder and did the same with the sentiment on the little tag. I finished with a few SA pearls and a little bit of button twine.
For card 2 I changed the papers around for different ones from the same pad and sponged some blue ink on the snowflake and stamped the small sentiment in silver. I brushed some Wink of Stella on the snowflake to give it a little sparkle. Finally I added a few clear gems and a tiny bow of silver organza.

For my last card I used more papers from the pad, sponged some gold ink on my snowflake and stamped the sentiment with the same ink. I finished with a few golden pearls and a tiny ivory satin bow.


Here's the 3 cards together so that you can compare. Honestly these were very quick and you can ring the changes with different papers and inks very easily.

I'll be back tomorrow with another Technique Tuesday.



3 comments:

  1. Love these pretty snowflake cards... they may be CAS but they are elegant and beautiful!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful set of cards and lovely to see 3 'same but different' designs, and all so elegant. The snowflakes make a fab focal point and those are some of my fave Christmas papers this year :-)
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx