My Lovely Followers

Sunday 15 January 2017

Mistletoe Fairy with a Twist

Hello!!

It's Sunday again already, (and halfway through January too, eeek!), I thought I'd petition Old Father Time to slow things down a bit... maybe just for the weekends....perhaps the evenings too. Hey if he wants he can speed up work days a bit to make up the difference! I have the best ideas don't I? 
Of course he hasn't relied to my email as yet....maybe he's still sleeping off the New Year celebrations.

Anyhoooooooo...
Since it's the 3rd Sunday in the month, that means it's time for a new challenge at 

As usual we want to see any projects you make, as long as they use an image on them.

For my contribution this week I used the lovely Mistletoe Fairy from Whimsy Stamps.
I fell in love with this as soon as I saw her and coloured her up straight away in Winter Mode. But I thought to myself, why limit her to Christmas and Winter cards? It seems such a shame to leave her in the drawer after Christmas.
So I had a little play and coloured her up with some summer colours where her Mistletoe became pretty pink berries.

What do you think?

I actually used some of my Precious Maja Design Vintage Summer Basics 1933 for this. I only have one sheet left now and I will be so sad to see it finished as I can't get it anywhere now and I love the mix of aqua and pink.

She's coloured in Distress Ink markers to match the papers and I used the following colours:
Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet, Broken China, Tumbled Glass, Bundled Sage and Picked Raspberry.

Products Used:

Cheesecloth
15 mm Pale Pink Satin Ribbon
20 mm Sylvia Pale Aqua Lace
6 mm Ivory Pearl Trim
Ivory Magnolia Flower
Beaded Cherries Pink
20 mm Ivory Open Rose
10 mm Ivory Open Roses
Miniature Pale Mint Blossoms
Hip Rose Bud Cream
Rose Leaves - Green
11 mm Ivory FB Pearls
8 mm Ivroy FB Pearls
6 mm Ivory FB Pearls

I do hope you can join in, you can win some lovely prizes from our sponsors

First prize:  £10 voucher for LOTV
Second prize:  £10 voucher for The Ribbon Girl
Third prize:  from Marianne Designs

and don't forget to ogle the rest of the team's gorgeous makes!

Thanks for visiting

12 comments:

  1. stunning - so beautiful in pinks! Gorgeous card Linda, I wish the evenings would last longer too :-) Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my Linda,this is just scrumptious hunny xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Linda! I am in love with this card and the sweet fairy image! It is just breathtakingly beautiful! I wish I could reach in to hold it and examine all the exquisite details firsthand. sigh!! Did you fussy cut the fairy image or did you use a scan and touch? Either way, this card is gorgeous and I love it so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patty! I always fussy cut unless I have a matching die. I don't have any electronic die cutting machines :) xx

      Delete
  4. Mistletoe Fairy from Whimsy Stamps is my favourite stamp from this brand and you have used her so well.... Amazing, just amazing card, so sweet, romantic and perfect for spring time. Love it very much! Your colouring and design are alwys awesome.
    I pinned it
    https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524486482028/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours you chose for her its great when you find an Image that can be either. Your Card is just Amazing and one day I will get to your colouring retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so so pretty Linda. Gorgeous pastel colours and wonderful embellishments create this fairy-tale card.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will definitely be signing that petition of yours...speeding up work days and slowing down evenings and weekends sounds like a brilliant plan - lol!
    I am so in love with this stunning card; all the gorgeous embellies frame the fairy so perfectly...and what a great idea to use her all year round :-)
    That paper is a fave of mine too and I am also hoarding the last of what I have! I guess when it's the perfect choice for a project you just have to take a deep breath and use it...and it does look beautiful on your design.
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, she's coloured perfectly. I love the colours on your card. It drew me right in right away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is utterly fabulous Linda... I adore how you coloured the mistletoe fairy and all the wonderful fussy cutting too... perfect! Of course, you've then added wonderful embellishments that make it a stunner!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehe, I'm with you on asking Father Time to slow down a bit. My babies are growing too fast! There's never enough craft hours in the day (hence why you get comment spammed by me all in one hit!!! LOL). I could totally do with a few more hours in the day. But onto your gorgeous card, Linda this is stunning! Love the beautiful card shape, the layering and that stunning fussycut fairy!!! Swoon, just utterly magical. Perfect in every way. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx