My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 7 March 2017

Technique Tuesday #12 Stenciled Background

Hello!

I'm coming in with my Technique Tuesday a little later today as it's also my card for
Deep Ocean Challenge's new theme of 
Dots and/or Stripes. 

As you can see I went for Dots, although since I cut through the card horizontally and added a coloured background, it does also have a single Stripe too.

To make my card I fir cut a piece of smooth white cardstock, 5.5 x 8.5 inches and folded it in half to make a horizontal top folding card.

Thank I took a piece of the same cardstock and cut that a quarter of an inch smaller on the length and width and taped that to my craft mat with some post it tape.

I used the Circle Dots Stencil from Simon Says Stamp and taped that down over my cardstock, and then stenciled through with my Clarity Brushes and some blue and turqouise tones from my Distress inks.
I stamped a sentiment from the You Matter Stamp Set from Simon Says Stamp, with Versamark ink on some green lustre cardstock, and then heat embossed with white detail embossing powder. I cut the green cardstock to size and adhered it to my cardbase and then adhered my 2 pieces of stenciled cardstock overlapping this with some foam tape, taking care to keep my sentiment visible.

I cut the word You, with the Simon Says Stamps You wafer thin die, 3 times in white cardstock and then once in the green lustre, and stacked and glued them together. I placed this carefully on my card and adhered with some Multi Medium Matte.

Finally I added some sequins from Lucy to finish.



Smooth White Cardstock
Spring Green Lustre Cardstock
SSS You Matter Stamp Set
SSS You Wafer Die
SSS Falling for You Circle Dots Stencil
Distress Inks in Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers
Selection of sequins from Lucy's Shop

I do hope you can join in with our fun challenge this week, check out the blog for the prize on offer and don't forget to stop and admire my lovely teamie's gorgeous makes!

Thanks for dropping by

2 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous card Linda... I love how you used the stencil for the background which the different shades of green... very effective! The card design with the split for the smaller text also looks so good!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx