My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 4 April 2017

Technique Tuesday #15

Hello!

Wow, I can't believe we're already at #15 for my Technique Tuesdays, how fast is time flying?

Today I'm sharing a vellum shaker card with stenciling on the vellum.

Stenciling, or indeed stamping on vellum can be a bit problematic. Because the vellum isn't porous, ink tends to stay wet on it for a very long time (and don't stamp with Versafine ink because this doesn't seem to dry on vellum at all!), and so has the tendency to smudge as it moves on the surface. Stamping and embossing seems to be fine as Versamark ink is very sticky and you are then heat setting your powder of course. 
As you can see a few of my dots are a little blurred at the edges where the ink moved, but as I used an irregular dot pattern, this doesn't detract too much.



I used lots of different colours of ink in a random pattern, this is distress ink as I wanted it to look quite translucent, but you could use your favourite colour inks.
Once I'd stenciled my piece of vellum I stamped my sentiment where I wanted it with black ink and heat set to help it dry faster.
I cut a frame from some pink lustre card stock and glued that to my vellum window, then attached a double layer of foam tape around it, making sure not to leave any gaps, dusted the inside edge of my foam tape with some anti static powder to make sure my sequins didn't get stuck to the sides, and filled with a mix of sequins in colours to match my inks.
I adhered a piece of white card slightly smaller then my frame to the back and then glued the whole thing onto my card base.

I cut 2 layers of white cardstock and one in lustre pink with the You die and adhered them together, then adhered to the top of my vellum, underneath my stamped sentiment.

Finally I added a few enamel dots to finish.

Items Used:

SSS Irregular Dots Stencil
Clarity Stencil Brushes
Smooth White Cardstock
Heavyweight Vellum
Pink Lustre Cardstock
Distress Inks Various Colours
MFT Pierced Rectangle Frame
Double sided foam tape.
SSS You Matter Clear Stamp Set
SSS You wafer thin die
Whimsy Summer Breeze Enamel Dots

That's all for today, thank you so much for dropping by.




3 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love the bright colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card. I just love shaker cards.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx