My Lovely Followers

Thursday 11 May 2017

So Happy I Found You (maze card)


Hello!

I'm back with another MFT card today. This one uses the recent MFT card kit. I had to order this from the states and having just received the customs bill from FedEx with an extortionate £12:00 admins charge on top of the customs charge, I don't think I'll be doing it again lol, but this kit was so different it really was irresistible. However next time I fall in love with the kit I'll just wait for the following month or so to have the separate components released.

Anyhooooo.......on with the card. Below I talk you through how I made it.

I made a standard US A2 size white cardbase from some medium weight smooth white cardstock, and topped that with some Orange Fizz cardstock cut a quarter of an inch smaller all round.

The I took a piece of ............and cut that with the stitched rectangle from my Blueprints 20 

I cut a piece of smooth white cardstock with the same die and then trimmed it with one of the Basic Scalloped Edge die-namics.

I used the die that came with the kit to cut a hole for my maze in both the white cardstock and my patterned paper, and also cut the 'frame' for the maze in the same patterned paper with another die in the kit.

I stamped one of the sentiments from the kit in Orange Fizz dye ink, onto the edge of the white cardstock, curving the sentiment onto my acrylic block before stamping so that it matched the shape of the edge.

I centred my patterned paper on my card and positioned my maze piece in the hole, gluing it in place to stop it from spinning around, and then cut a little heart from a scrap of Grape Jelly cardstock and glued that  in the centre of the maze. I did give the heart a little coating of wink of stella before attaching it.

Next I added a little ball bearing from the kit to the maze, my shaker window, and then glued down my white card and the patterned trim.

I stamped the 2 little birds from the Friends Furever stamp set onto some Strathmore Bristol paper with Black Onyx Versafine ink, and coloured them with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens, in colours to match the papers. I cut them out with their matching dies and then adhered them at the start and finish of the maze. popping them up with a little foam tape.

For a finishing touch I added a few orange enamel dots from my stash.

Looking at it now I reliase that I forgot to colour in the little bird's beaks lol, so I will need to go back and set that right.

MFT a-maze-ing card kit
(this is now sold out but the individual elements will be available in a later release)
MFT Blueprints 20
MFT Plaid Patterns 6 x 6 Pad
MFT Friends Furever Stamp Set
MFT Friends Furever Dienamics

I hope you enjoyed my card for today, thank you so much for taking the time to visit.



3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I just love your card. I didn't seen something like this before... Great job!
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card Linda - I know I'm biased but you gotta love MFT!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx