My Lovely Followers

Monday 24 July 2017

Happy Birthday - Make it Crafty


Hello!

Sometimes when I'm playing with inks and making background, I end up with more than I actually need, and if I don't make an additional card than and there, I'll put that extra away with the intention of using it later.

That's what I did with this card, I used the background for this card that I shared a couple of weeks ago.

I was in the mood to make a card, but without much time or many  ideas coming to mind. I had a sort through my stash of still to be used 'bits' and found this chipboard piece from Make it Crafty that I've had for a long while now.  Because it was made of a grey type of chipboard, it wasn't covered too well with my distress or dye inks as they sink into the material. However, Distress Oxides cover this beautifully, so I set to with the Wilted Violet colour that I'd used to stencil on my background.
Then I gave it a good spritz with my Gold Glimmer Mist and left to dry. 

To make the card I just made a white, top folding vertical A2 (US) size card, trimmed my background with a large stitched rectangle frame, and glued that to my card base. Then I cut another piece of white cardstock a little bigger than my chipboard panel, glued the panel to the white card and the white card to my background piece, added a few sequins and voila!

Possibly the quickest card I've made yet, but it still looks very effective. You can find the chipboard I used here.

Thanks so much for visiting.


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful inky design to set up and show off that lovely chippie sentiment. I've seen these before, but never used or inked like this and now I want one!! Hehe. Gorgeous hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx